[alsa-devel] Thank for your efforts.

Guy Stalnaker jstalnak at wisc.edu
Sun Feb 8 15:19:49 CET 2009

Takashi, Herton, Tim, Jeanne-Pierre, etc.

My thanks for your efforts to get sound working on the internal speakers
on HP Pavilion Dv4 laptops.  I have a brand new1225 (one week old) and
Ubuntu 8.10 works splendidly in all the things I need (wireless,
graphics, etc.).  Sound works, however, only on the front headphone
jack, but not through the internal speakers.

I offer myself as another test platform for your test code.  To date
I've installed the lastest snapshot, have model=hp-dv5 in
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, and I've tried Takashi's hda-verb option to
modify the pin.  That does change the pin value, but it has no affect,
internal speaker's remain dead.

Best regards,

Guy

--
Guy Stalnaker, I^2 at DOIT, 1210 West Dayton Street, Room 3209 CSS, Madison
WI 53719-1220, jstalnak at wisc.edu, work 608.263.8035, cell 608.235.4718,
fax 608.265.6681, page page-guy at watchdog.doit.wisc.edu