[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Feb 4 18:09:15 CET 2009

At Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:01:26 +0100,
Jean-Pierre André wrote:

> Hi Herton,
>
> I have identified why applying your patch broke the sound worse on my
> computer, by reverting each individual modification until the sound
> comes back. It has not brought overall improvements for me, but this
> might help you getting it right.

Oh well.

Herton, could you rebase the patch against the latest sound tree?
The patch rejects awfully, so hard to test...

> On my computer, the main problem is an IRQ one, which I knew you did
> not address, but I still wanted to know if something would improve
> (see below)

You can pass enable_msi=1 option instead of patching hda_intel.c.
If it doesn't solve the IRQ problem, it must be in a pretty deep level.

> This was tested on a HP dv4-1115ef, with a sound device identified as :
>
> Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
> Codec: Generic 10de ID 3

Hm, you didn't set CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMI=y?