[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 4 18:37:02 CET 2009

Hi Takashi,

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:01:26 +0100,
> Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>
>> On my computer, the main problem is an IRQ one, which I knew you did
>> not address, but I still wanted to know if something would improve
>> (see below)
>>

> You can pass enable_msi=1 option instead of patching hda_intel.c.
> If it doesn't solve the IRQ problem, it must be in a pretty deep level.

Maybe. I just applied the suggested patches, and I was
using the option enable_msi=1. This could be redundant.

> This was tested on a HP dv4-1115ef, with a sound device identified as :
>
> Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
> Codec: Generic 10de ID 3
>

> Hm, you didn't set CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMI=y?

Good catch. I am using a standard Fedora 10 distribution,
and I do not see the above in the .config

Are you telling me I have to recompile the kernel ? and
with an option "y" (not "m") will I have to recompile for
every ALSA release ?

Regards

Jean-Pierre