[alsa-devel] RME HDSP rev 37 does not work on 64-bit linux

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sun Feb 1 17:56:34 CET 2009

>>> under 32-bit ubuntu 8.10 with the same kernel 2.6.27-11-generic and
>>> the same version of alsa-*: 1.0.17-0ubuntu1,
>>> everything works fine both with cold boot + hdsploader and winxp ->
>>> reboot-> no hdsploader.
>> It works fine with 64 bit linux, I have pure 64 bit machines and all hdsp(e)
>> cards work as they should. Must be something else then.
>
> Which distribution/kernel(s) do you use?
>
> I just revived my 64-bit Gentoo partition, and vanilla 2.6.28.2 says
> No Multiface or Digiface found, disabling the card.

i have the same issue with my hdsp on a 64-bit kernel, using the
standard firmware (whatever is shipped with alsa). once i tried to debug
this issue, finding, that the card actually has the register value that
the card is not connected, although it is.

usually, unloading/reloading the kernel module should resolve it,
though. maybe the hardware is not initialized correctly? are there some
more detailed information about the hdsp hardware available or did the
developers of the kernel module receive some specification under nda
restrictions?

tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
  John Coltrane