[alsa-devel] RME HDSP rev 37 does not work on 64-bit linux

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Sun Feb 1 18:03:10 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 February 2009 17:56:34 Tim Blechmann wrote:

> >> It works fine with 64 bit linux, I have pure 64 bit machines and all
> >> hdsp(e) cards work as they should. Must be something else then.
> >
> > Which distribution/kernel(s) do you use?
> >
> > I just revived my 64-bit Gentoo partition, and vanilla 2.6.28.2 says
> > No Multiface or Digiface found, disabling the card.
>
> i have the same issue with my hdsp on a 64-bit kernel, using the
> standard firmware (whatever is shipped with alsa). once i tried to debug
> this issue, finding, that the card actually has the register value that
> the card is not connected, although it is.
>
> usually, unloading/reloading the kernel module should resolve it,
> though. maybe the hardware is not initialized correctly? are there some
> more detailed information about the hdsp hardware available or did the
> developers of the kernel module receive some specification under nda
> restrictions?

Ok, you two, please mail me the relevant contents of dmesg and the contents
of /proc/asound/cardX/hdsp together with a 'uname -a'.

All I can say is that it works fine with all 2.6 kernels so far and I have
never used anything else but 64bit.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net