[alsa-devel] More HDA NID / control / proc related changes

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Dec 14 13:34:19 CET 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:46:50 +0100 (CET),
> Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> 	continuing the work of extending the HDA codec proc contents, I would
>>> like to introduce two new patches:
>>>
>>> ALSA: hda - add more NID->Control mapping
>>> ALSA: hda - introduce HDA_SUBDEV_AMP_FLAG (ControlAmp in proc)
>>>
>>> 	Patches can be obtained here:
>>>
>>> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=topic/hda-nid
>>
>> I merged these patches and added patch named:
>>
>> ALSA: hda - simplify usage of HDA_SUBDEV_AMP_FLAG
>>
>> .. to my main GIT tree.
>>
>> The next idea is to modify hda-analyzer to show the codec routes and
>> assigned mixer controls.
>
> snd_hda_add_nids() looks buggy to me.  It doesn't increment nids
> pointer.

Good point. Fixed now.

> Also, snd_hda_add_nids() and snd_hda_nid_add() are a bit confusing and
> inconsistent, IMO.

It is consistent with ctl functions:

snd_hda_ctl_add -> snd_hda_nid_add
snd_hda_add_new_ctls -> snd_hda_add_nids

> Anyway, it'd be really, really helpful if you make a proper pullable
> branch based on the upstream tree.  Right now I can't pull your
> commits but only do cherry-picks, which is basically stupid when both
> are using GIT.

I found the possible changes (resolving clashes) during merges very evil,
altough I understand your easy work scheme. Also, I don't like the missing
lines in comments (Signed-off-by etc.) for merged patches for all involved
people. It makes more difficult to track the patch flow.

My topic/hda-nid branch is now based on your master tree.

 						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer