[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 2.6.32

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Sun Aug 30 11:47:14 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 09:03:50PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:

> I think you noticed it's not very up-to-date (.31-rc1, last update from
> 30/07/2009).

I haven't actually had much cause to look at it but an update from a
month ago seems reasonable - the power subsystem is fairly small and I
wouldn't expect an enormous rate of change in it.

> > Also, I've asked you several times to stop sending multiple patches in
> > one e-mail.

> I mailed only one.

So you did; my mistake (I had expected you to have resent entire
series).

> > Have you tried using git format-patch and git send-email to send
> > patches? I have suggested this to you several times without any
> > response. These programs will take care of the overwhelming majority of
> > the technical issues with your submissions - there are example
> > configurations available for use with gmail.

> Yeah, I need to look into that ... it's not like Im ignoring it.

Please do so and if you're running into problems ask.  You're doing a
lot of good work but the fact that you do so much work makes it more
important that this stuff work well - an occasional patch that needs
manual handling is not so bad but the more work that's involved the more
additional overhead adds up.