[alsa-devel] SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP and audio still queued in the driver

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:06:08 CEST 2009

In the mpc5200 driver I'm receiving SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP with audio
still queued. I noticed this in an app that uses a 2MB ALSA buffer. It
is filling the 2MB buffer which starts playing. After the buffer is
filled I receive the STOP. This STOP comes before the hardware has a
chance to play all of the music. There is still about twenty seconds
of music in the driver buffer waiting to be played.

How is this supposed to work?

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com