[alsa-devel] Digidesign Mbox2 - usb support

Damien Zammit damien.zammit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:59:18 CEST 2009

I have a Digidesign Mbox2 and I am trying to write an open source alsa
driver for it.
It is a usb self powered device, and I used usbsnoop on the Windows XP
drivers to capture the initialisation of the device.
It doesn't seem to require any firmware, as I was able to playback the
init code to the device over libusb
and all the lights turned on (which hopefully means it's awaiting
further instructions to play/record).

I have written some C code which sends the init codes to the device
using raw URB, but I really need someone
who is familiar with snd-usb-audio to take a look at my lsusb output
in case it is a standard device before I waste any more time on it.

Please find the debugging output for my experimental initialisation driver here:

http://cytdesign.com/mbox2/mbox2.tar.bz2

Note: After running my init codes, all the lights appeared on the device just
as it does when you boot windows.

Please contact me at damien.zammit [at] gmail.com if you are able to
help.  I'm not up to speed with mailing lists, I would prefer an email
to my account
if you are replying to me.

Thanks,
Damien Zammit