[alsa-devel] NULL pointer dereference in ALSA triggered through saa7134-alsa

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 10 18:11:44 CEST 2009

At Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:06:29 +0300,
Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > But /usr/include/sound isn't used for building kernel modules normally.
> > Unless any hack is added, these files have to be installed to the
> > kernel header directory.
> >

> Ah you're right, I totally missed that one. Thanks, will try to
> workaround that.

Well, the best would be to make alsa-driver backward compatible.
Basically we need to patch headers in alsa-kernel tree to be
binary-compatible with older versions, i.e. adjusting the fields
in struct snd_pcm or so, and supply the compatible function,
snd_card_new() in addition.

This could be done automatically in alsa-driver build process, but
I have little time to work on it...