[alsa-devel] question on hardware

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Thu Apr 9 09:36:38 CEST 2009

Hi ,

I need more help here. I tried looking at the .conf file but I have another requirement here.

Let me put my requirements here. Please suggest me ways to get this done

1. When I get a .prepare call in my driver, I need to know the stream type
2. When I return from that call, I need to send to the user the locally allocated stream id

This is specific to the sound card/ DSP I am developing the driver for. The application is also proprietary.  Is this possible at all? Please suggest me ways to do the same.

Thanks,
Harsha