[alsa-devel] ALSA:ATMEL: common arch for audio via ssc(patch 3/3: adding directories)

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 16:16:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 03:35:04PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> To be noted, git can handle renames well.  So, one commit should
> include both removal of at*/ and addition atmel/, instead of
> separating them, which breaks the history.

Yeah - I didn't mention this since I fear that it's going to break the
history anyway due to the merge, unfortunately.  There's quite a lot of
textual differences between the code for the two architectures that are
being merged, though mostly insubstantial ones.

If you do post everything as a single patch please use git format-patch
-M which will hopefully produce a much more legible patch for review.
If you're not using git to generate the patch then it might be best to
stick with submitting separately for ease of review.  In that case I
guess either myself or Takashi could squash the patches together in git
to try to preserve as much of the history as we can.