[alsa-devel] ALSA:ATMEL: common arch for audio via ssc(patch 3/3: adding directories)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Sep 26 15:35:04 CEST 2008

At Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:15:29 +0100,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 02:57:22PM +0200, Sedji Gaouaou wrote:
>
> > Furthermore I didn't change the i2c initialization since I don't know
> > what is the status of the patch(I tried this one:
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=be99827ea333eb15560a8b52ba57a2dce1bdfbb8
> > but I not sure whether it is complete or not?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what your concern is here?  Anything you submit
> needs to be against what's in Takashi's tree.
>
> > I have send a first patch which is removing the two directories(at91 and
> > at32), but I am not sure it is the proper way to do it.(it seems that it
> > is blocked by the moderator).
>
> The patch was just too large for the mailing list and got trapped by the
> size limits.  It's probably better to make that the final patch of the
> series but it doesn't make a huge amount of difference overall.

To be noted, git can handle renames well.  So, one commit should
include both removal of at*/ and addition atmel/, instead of
separating them, which breaks the history.

And, if we need to rename the files, let me apply it later, after
merging all other topic branches for 2.6.28.  The rename patch will be
applied at last.

Other changes like for eti_b1_wm8731.c can be separated patches as
Mark suggested.  This one can be applied beforehand at any time
(suppose it's independent from renames).

BTW, I also didn't get the first one (although I expect it's just
removal of them).  Please add my address to Cc at the next post.

thanks,