[alsa-devel] Random controls with hda-intel

niteblade at gmx.net niteblade at gmx.net
Mon Sep 22 10:07:08 CEST 2008

Using the driver (fresh snapshot 22-Sep) with or without the quirk has
no obvious influence on the mixer controls I get.

With model=auto I get the following controls:
Master, Front, Caller I, Off-hook (bool only, no functionality)
PCM, Capture (volume only, at least pcm works as expected)
Line, CD, Mic (bool and volume, not tested)
Input Source (multiple choice)

With model=toshiba I get almost almost quiet but audible playback and
the following controls:
Master, Caller I, Off-hook (bool, master works as expected)
PCM, Capture (volume only, at least pcm works)
Mic (bool and volume, not tested)
Front Mic, Line, CD, Mixer (only capture selection)

BTW: This box is indeed a Toshiba A100.