[alsa-devel] Random controls with hda-intel

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Mon Sep 22 05:16:54 CEST 2008

Noticed the following in the GIT code in regards to your card..

	/* FIXME: the entry below breaks Toshiba A100 (model=auto works!)
	 *        Any other models that need this preset?
	 */
	/* SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x1179, 0xff10, "Toshiba", ALC861_TOSHIBA), */

Please confirm if using that quirk makes the card behave properly for you.
You can do this by loading the snd-hda-intel module with the model=toshiba
argument. (remove snd-hda-intel module from the running kernel, then
do 'modprobe snd-hda-intel model=toshiba')