[alsa-devel] ASoC vs non-ASoC: 2 pcm driver questions.

Dmitry Baryshkov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:53:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

While unifying pxa2xx-pcm drivers (ASoC and plain one) I've encountered the
following differences in snd_pcm_open:

1. ASoC one uses snd_soc_set_runtime_hardware() function instead of
 just copying runtime->hw = pxa2xx_pcm_hardware;
However the major difference is that snd_soc_set_runtime_hardware() doesn't
initialise few fields which are set later in generic soc_pcm_open().
Can I drop this call and use the same assignment as in non-asoc driver.

2. To enforce some constraints ASoC driver uses generic
 snd_pcm_hw_constraint_step() instead of hand-written rule functions.
 Can this be also unified or there are some hidden differencies?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry