[alsa-devel] Problems recording with HP DV2839TX laptop.

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Thu Sep 4 18:46:50 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

Im Travis (wishie) once of the many helpers who man the unofficial #alsa on
freenode irc network.. I usually spend my time fixing other peoples sound
issues, but now i have my own.

I have a HP DV2839TX laptop, and i get ALOT of static when recording via the
inbuilt mic. Also, the mic controls are very strange.. I have (in the Capture
section of alsamixer).. Digital, Docking Mic, External Mic, Internal Mic..
only the "Digital" control seems to effect my recording volume at all.
Strangely, though, the '* Mic' controls in the PLAYBACK section of alsamixer
do change the recording properties somewhat (volume being the main factor).
In any event, i get a rather large amount of static, no matter what mixer
settings i try. This isnt a problem in the 'other' OS.

My alsa-info.sh output for alsa-driver 1.0.16 is at :
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=0d1df6446ff1c71ad305e7b7b367f0a6b22b80c8

My alsa-info.sh output for alsa-driver 1.0.18rc1 is at :
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=9e5cd99f4822e0d671866fa630698bd1b0cd954b