[alsa-devel] Ubuntu - Alsa Installation Script

Klaus Schulz kls.schlz at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:25:29 CET 2008

I have some issues I am thinking of to improve the script - perhaps somebody
can get me directions:

1. To avoid inconsistencies in the system I first run configure and make
    on the packages.
    If one of these fails the script exits out and the system stays as it
is,
    because I run all make install in one function at the end.
    There seems to be one problem. If Alsa-revisions differ heavily.
    utils won't compile.
    The alsa-lib needs to be installed, prior to compilation of the utils -
otherwise
    utils compilation won't succeed.
    Is there a way around this?
2. If I got two or more  kernels on the system I don't know how to install
Alsa manually on both of them
3. It seems that I have to install the (older) alsalib-dev package prior to
running the script from Ubuntu repositories to get
    the environment properly settled. Can I avoid this?

THX