[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa2xx-ssp

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Mon Oct 27 14:44:08 CET 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:19:34AM -0200, Daniel Ribeiro wrote:

> 	Ok, i will rebase my work on pxa-ssp.c. But a first look shows that
> pxa_ssp_hw_params sets the ssp frame size depending on the audio stream
> format even for I2S mode. I think it will not work, as I2S needs to
> stick to 32bit frame size.

That's not a general requirement of I2S - many devices are OK with
scaling the number of bit clocks with the data.

> 	Is there anybody using SND_SOC_DAIFMT_I2S with this driver?

I'd go so far as to say that most of the testing has been in I2S mode.
Other modes have been tested but most of the usage is with I2S.

I suspect that what you need to do here to interoperate well with your
codec is to set things up to use TDM so that the extra clocks are
generated by what the CPU believes are idle TDM slots.

> 	I will send you a patch later today. Thanks for the reply! :)

When submitting patches please do try to submit separate patches for
separate logical changes - for example, your previous patch mixed in
changes for recent PXA APIs with changes in the behaviour of the code.