[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa2xx-ssp

Daniel Ribeiro drwyrm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 14:19:34 CET 2008

Em Seg, 2008-10-27 às 12:47 +0000, Mark Brown escreveu:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 03:32:47AM -0200, Daniel Ribeiro wrote:
>
> > 	To ease your reading, attached is a diff against [0]. It is updated to
> > build on the latest linus tree and handles DAIFMT_I2S and DAIFMT_MSB
> > differently.
>
> Please work against the pxa-ssp driver, not the pxa2xx-ssp driver.
> There are no plans to merge the pxa2xx-ssp driver - the pxa-ssp should
> be able to cover everything, perhaps with a couple of functions selected
> per-CPU, but it's not been tested on pxa2xx yet.  It should hopefully be
> making its way upstream today or tomorrow.

	Ok, i will rebase my work on pxa-ssp.c. But a first look shows that
pxa_ssp_hw_params sets the ssp frame size depending on the audio stream
format even for I2S mode. I think it will not work, as I2S needs to
stick to 32bit frame size.
	Is there anybody using SND_SOC_DAIFMT_I2S with this driver?
	I will send you a patch later today. Thanks for the reply! :)

--
Daniel Ribeiro