[alsa-devel] davinci_request_dma()

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Oct 16 11:08:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:58:58AM +0200, John Kacur wrote:

[The ASoC DaVinci driver uses davinci_request_dma() but...]

> However, when I grep for davinci_request_dma, the only places I can
> find it are in davinci_pcm_dma_request itself!

> Either I'm missing something, or this code wouldn't even compile. I
> would appreciate any help in understanding this.

It was discovered a while ago that the code depends on an unmerged set
of DMA API updates.  See this thread for more info:

  http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-June/008674.html

To be honest, I had expected that the required updates would have been
merged by now but it seems not.  CCing the DaVinci list - I don't know
what the status is on merging the new DMA API?