[alsa-devel] davinci_request_dma()

John Kacur jkacur at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:58:58 CEST 2008

I'm looking for a little bit more help reading the SOC code. In
particular, I'm reading davinci-pcm.c, and function
davinci_pcm_dma_request, which makes two calls to davinci_request_dma.
However, when I grep for davinci_request_dma, the only places I can
find it are in davinci_pcm_dma_request itself!

[jkacur at mydcore linux-2.6.26]$ grep -rn davinci_request_dma *
sound/soc/davinci/davinci-pcm.c:143:	ret =
davinci_request_dma(prtd->params->channel, prtd->params->name,
sound/soc/davinci/davinci-pcm.c:150:	ret =
davinci_request_dma(PARAM_ANY, "Link",

Either I'm missing something, or this code wouldn't even compile. I
would appreciate any help in understanding this.

Thank you.