[alsa-devel] Asus P5QL-EM motherboard (ALC1200 codec) - no sound through S/PDIF

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Thu Nov 13 03:51:15 CET 2008

Hello,
I can't get the S/PDIF out to work on P5QL-EM motherboard.

First of all, it doesn't detect the board configuration correctly, the
motherboard has an HDMI output and an S/PDIF header (I have a TV
connected to one and an amplifier to the other, in case one output
will "go live").

aplay -L normally only shows th HDMI port, however if I add this
options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig probe_mask=1
to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, it will show both.

Problem is, there seems to be no signal coming out of any of the two
digital ports (they are not muted in mixer) in either PCM or AC3
pass-through mode.

I compiled the "alsa-kernel" hoping that the latest commits related to
ALC1200 would help, but it hasn't helped.

Here's the output of alsa-info.sh:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b62b56c5ce0aa383fef1be0f55b87b4e27e8ab63
Again, it's running "alsa-kernel", checked in just 12 hours ago.

Let me know what I can do to help, I am a developer but Alsa is not
my territory.

Thanks