[alsa-devel] Intel G45 8-Channel LPCM over HDMI

Alexander Werner alexander.werner at lambda-audiosystems.de
Sun Nov 2 23:45:01 CET 2008

> I'm pretty confident it doesn't work yet, but it's being developed as
> we speak. Look at threads:
> * Intel dg45id motherboard - ICH10 HD audio issues --> mATX, but very
> similar board
> * [ANNOUNCE] patch for INTEL HDMI codec --> unfortunately, I don't
> believe it was checked in yet
Oops, i missed these threads completely. Looks great, though :)
I'll try to test the patch as soon as I can, what may take some time,
as I bricked my board today and have to wait for a replacement :(

> BTW, those G45 boards are sweet :) But way overpriced IMHO :(
Jepp, they are sweet and overpriced, but the alternative solution
needs an external soundcard and/or graphics card. This would consume
more space and money.