[alsa-devel] Intel G45 8-Channel LPCM over HDMI

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 21:09:54 CET 2008

I'm pretty confident it doesn't work yet, but it's being developed as
we speak. Look at threads:
* Intel dg45id motherboard - ICH10 HD audio issues --> mATX, but very
similar board
* [ANNOUNCE] patch for INTEL HDMI codec --> unfortunately, I don't
believe it was checked in yet

BTW, those G45 boards are sweet :) But way overpriced IMHO :(

2008/11/2 Alexander Werner <alexander.werner at lambda-audiosystems.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to build a linux-based, small sized PC for hearing aid
> acousticians.
> It would be highly unfavorable, if the connection between Receiver and
> PC was
> analog, because of the lower quality and the high number of cables.
> I searched for a appropriate mainboard, and found the DG45FC, which
> fits my needs
> perfectly, apart from the missing audio over HDMI support.
> Is there any plan to support multichannel LPCM output over HDMI on the
> Intel G45
> platform?
> If not, is there anyone willing to implement HDMI support for the G45
> chipset if
> I donate the needed hardware (permanently)?
> But if there's no chance to implement it in the near future, has
> anyone experience
> with an onboard chipset with multichannel LPCM over HDMI and ALSA
> support?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander Werner

Vedran Miletić