[alsa-devel] [ALC262_FUJITSU patch_realtek.c] Use jack sense for both headphone outputs

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 19 12:37:10 CEST 2008

At Mon, 19 May 2008 11:31:09 +0100,
Tony Vroon wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 12:23 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Any reason to remove this?
> > Otherwise the internal speaker won't react together with the Master volume.
>
> It seemed to only take the internal headphone output into account, not
> the dock headphone output. But if it's just to link the two volumes
> together I'll add it back. It will fix the compile warning as well.
> Its purpose was unclear to me.
>
> Will the existing mechanism cope if 0x14 (internal HP output) is muted
> and 0x1B (dock HP output) is not?

The code there was to synchronize both HP and speaker outputs with the
master switch.  The master switch changes 0x14 mute status and calls
automute.  When no HP is plugged, the internal speaker is unmuted only
when master switch is on -- that is, 0x14 is also unmuted.

The logic is a bit complex, and thus I suggested to replace with
vmaster.

> > Maybe a cleaner fix is to remove the bind_sw and bind_vol hacks and
> > use vmaster instead.
>
> Is there example code I can look at please?

Add the individual mixer elements corresponding to HP, dock and
PC-speaker switches instead of hackish master switch.  Then a virtual
master switch will be automatically created.

I'll create a test patch soon later...

thanks,