[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] Pc Speaker

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Tue May 13 14:25:48 CEST 2008

On 13-05-08 13:32, Rene Herman wrote:

> On 13-05-08 13:20, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> Anyway, the problem of beep on Dell XPS is a different. The PC beep
>> isn't implemented (initialized) in the sound driver side. I have no
>> interest in fixing it as I hate PC beep feature, but am willing to
>> apply patches if provided :)
>
> I suppose his beeper should stil beep through the input driver if he
> just selects "N" for snd-pcsp?
>
> If not, if it worked before, and if I were him, I'd be throwing up a
> stink calling it a regression...

(yes, I get it, not a regression, just jumped to the conclusion it was a
changed situation due to the option juggling new to new kernels)

Not having the hardware, I'm not very likely to be useful but if the
only problem is someone needing to turn available information into an
addition to the driver, you can try me...

Rene.