[alsa-devel] softvol plugin question

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed May 7 15:34:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have successfully set up alsa for my custom hardware and am using
sofvol plugin to do volume control as my hardware does not support it.

The problem I am having is that the softvol control does not appear to
amixer until I have first used the softvol plugin with aplay. Is there a
simple way of 'loading' the softvol plugin at startup so that the
control gets created immediately?

Thanks,

Will.
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Senior Project Engineer                  Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA