[alsa-devel] No sound on MacBook 3.1

Marco Vermeulen vermeulen.mp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:08:40 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got it working on my
Macbook. I got hold of Leonardo, and we compared specs (to rule out
that my machine was some fringe case). It turned out that we had
identical machines...

Next up I started playing with the module options, restarted the alsa
daemon and then it worked!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

One last thing: my volume in Linux seems far lower than in OSX. All
the faders are on max, yet the volume remains low. Any ideas how I
might boost this?

Thanks again,
Marco.