[alsa-devel] GIT tree usage.

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jun 11 18:26:41 CEST 2008

At Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:19:12 +0200,
Rene Herman wrote:

> Good day.
>
> I have been using Takashi's "sound-2.6" GIT repo:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
>
> for pulling current ALSA (branch master)

FYI, I created devel branch on the above git tree for less-frequent
rebase.

The master is basically for the next kernel, and it's been sometime
rebased so that it's clean enough to be pull-able without confliction
on the latest Linus kernel.

OTOH, devel branch is based on a certain stable point and has
incremental changesets.  In the next release cycle, devel branch will
be rebased, too, but during the rc phase, it should be rarely rebased
(unless really necessary).

But, if you'd like to work on the  latest Linus tree and avoid merge
conflicts, master branch is fine.