[alsa-devel] aplay works but not real player

stan ghjeold_i_mwee at cox.net
Thu Jun 5 20:32:03 CEST 2008

Harsha priya gupta wrote:
> I am using .copy function in my driver.
> aplay playes any .wav file given. When i open real player and try playing it
> says device is busy.
> I tried the earlier advice to write the following into ~./asoundrc but does
> not help
> pcm.!default{
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>
> any clue that can help me ?

Have you got realaudio configured to use alsa or oss?  If oss, do you
have package aoss installed,
the alsa oss emulation layer?  Whatever device it wants to use is
in use by something else.  A sound server can cause this problem as well.

Try with something like xmms or audacity also.

The fact that aplay can play means this is a configuration issue.