[alsa-devel] That "Magic Jack" thing I see on TV

Tom Watson sdc695 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 22:19:28 CEST 2008

Boy is this silly...

I keep seeing those ads on TV for the $40 (or so) telephone interface goodie.
My questions:
Is this thing an audio interface?
Any driver for Linux?
Can the hookswitch/Ringer be read/written via some control interface?
Touch tone interface?

No, I haven't bought one yet (and I don't intend to right now), but it looks
like a neat thing to interface to a telephone (not the line side, the set side)
for various uses (stage use for one).

Has anyone looked at it?  While the VOIP service is nice, I'd be looking at it
for a simple audio interface (admittedly low quality!).

--
Tom Watson
tsw at johana.com