[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Tue Jul 15 17:36:14 CEST 2008

On 15-07-08 17:25, Landis McGauhey wrote:

>  > Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:42:05 +0200
>  > From: rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
>  > To: b3zdomny at hotmail.com
>  > CC: tiwai at suse.de; alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net;
> alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
>  > Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?
> <snip>
>
> OK, interim report:
>
> the patch, the make, the makemodules, and the modprobes all proceeded
> without error.

the "make modules_install" I hope. "make modules" would just make the
modules, not install them. You need to be very sure you're running the
new;y compiled driver (ie, as said, unload any current driver, and
reload after the make modules_install).

Whatever the result, sound or no, please also report the
/proc/asound/AudioPCI/code97#0/ files

> # aplay /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
> ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
> aplay: main:564: audio open error: No such file or directory

Quite frankly, I haven't a clue what _that_ is now about again all of a
sudden, but also try "aplay -D hw:AudioPCI foo.wav".

Rene.