[alsa-devel] RME madiface

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Fri Jul 11 09:54:31 CEST 2008

Dee,

> >> Any ideas?
> > There is no difference on the MADI bus wether you use Windows, OS X
> > or Linux. This seems to be a specific problem with the Euphonix.
> I have no reason to believe the MADI bus is different. However, I
> suspect the stream are different.

The MADI cards work autonomous, they are only controlled by a few
parameters. If the parameters are the same, the behaviour is the same.
Thus the settings must differ, and we have to find out where.

> I have two Euphonix boxes and they both behave perfectly under
> windows - but not under linux. The main problem under linux is that
> they lose sync - at the slightest electromagnetic interference (such
> as turning off/on the speakers - on the analogue side - even from a
> distance of 3 metres).

I don't believe electromagnetic interference to be a reasonable cause
for this. What exactly is your setup - 1x 703 and 1x 713? And both lose
sync?

I just had a glance over the Euphonix' user manual and had to learn that
they cannot loop through MADI and you have to use the wordclock. So,
please, be a bit more specific about the setup - and maybe via private
mail, because that's of no relevance to alsa development..

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net