[alsa-devel] M-Delta Audiophile 192 (ice1724) Recording

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jan 30 13:07:03 CET 2008

At Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:29:00 +0100,
CAG wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we use the M-Delta Audiophile 192 with alsa-driver-1.0.15 and the
> ice1724 module. Playback works but we cannot record anything.
>
> I noticed that this maybe a bug according to the Alsa Changelog:
>
>  From Changes v1.0.13 v1.0.14:
>  >
>  >  - ice1724 - Add support of M-Audio Audiophile 192
>  >
>  >     Added the (experimental) support of M-Audio Audiophile 192 board.
>  >     Currently, the analog and the digital playbacks seem working fine.
>  >     The inputs seem not working as far as I've tested yet.
>
> How is the status for that card ? Is someone working on this ? I heard
> Recording with OSS works but actually we don't want to switch to OSS...
> Is it worth waiting for a new release ?

No one is working on this board, AFAIK.  I made it a patch from some
floating information.  But, since I have no hardware, I forgot this
after pushing it to the upstream.

Basically, the analog input doesn't need so much initialization
because the codec chip AK5385A has no software control.  Maybe the
EEPROM setup isn't correct for the actual board configuration.
(It means, BTW, that you have no input volume control, too.)

Show /proc/asound/card*/ice1724, and let's check the values there.