[alsa-devel] Digital-Out (Toslink) on HDA-Intal (AD1986A)?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jan 29 15:55:24 CET 2008

At Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:06:24 +0100,
Martin Egge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 28. Januar 2008 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> > At Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:15:03 +0100,
> > Martin Egge wrote:
> > > I've got some information that might help you. If I set model=3stack the
> > > internal and external mic are working in parallel. There is no jack-sense
> > > which disables the internal mic when an external mic is connected.
> >
> > Then get codec#* proc dump for both working and non-working states to
> > compare.
>
> See the attachments. The naming of the files should be comprehensible. I've
> updated to latest hg before dumping the codecs yesterday evening.

Thanks.  That both mics are working in parallel means they are
recorded at the same time, or you can switch them via "Capture
Source"?  In the latter case, which input as internal mic?

Unfortuantely the BIOS sets pretty useless information so it's hard to
guess which pin is really correctly assigned.