[alsa-devel] 1.0.16rc1 release -- error: ‘system_utsname’ undeclared

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jan 24 14:24:27 CET 2008

At Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:14:46 +1100,
Rick Measham wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Nevermind, I myself can confirm that it's broken.
> > The patch below should fix the problem.
>
> I've grabbed hg and tried to apply the patch, but the line to be patched
> reads:
> CFLAGS="$KERNEL_CHECK_CFLAGS"
>
> So I changed it by hand to include the patched version:
> CFLAGS="$KERNEL_CHECK_CFLAGS -Werror=implicit-function-declaration"
>
> Which got me past the previous problem. However, hgcompile errors during
> make on alsa-driver/pci/ice1712/prodigy_hifi.o -- which I don't
> need.

It is surely on the current HG repo.  You must be using an older
repo.  Try hg.alsa-project.org instead of hg-mirror.

> So as it suggested, I checked dmesg:
>
> [96738.292000] snd: Unknown symbol pm_unregister

Check include/config.h whether CONFIG_HAV_PNP_SUSPEND is
defined.  It must be defined for 2.6.20.  If not, check config.log.

The rest unknown symbol errors can be a chain reaction.

> P.S. Would you prefer that I put outputs into a pastebin and just
> include links?

I guess config.log is too big for pastebin.  You post with a
compressed attachment.