[alsa-devel] hdsp driver broken for Multiface II Rev 35

Jean Batrel jean.batrel at voila.fr
Wed Jan 16 23:43:44 CET 2008

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:21:42 +0100
> From: Andreas Degert <ad at papyrus-gmbh.de>
> Subject: [alsa-devel] hdsp driver broken for Multiface II Rev 35
> To: alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
> Cc: tiwai at suse.de
>
> Hi folks,
>
> changeset 5326 from 2007/08/31 broke the driver for this card revision.
> There was an older thread about this problem which didn't seem to come
> to a conclusion.
> (...)
> Similar changes must be made to hdsp_input_to_output_key. Does anyone
> know which firmware revision exist for which card (io_type) ?
>
> thank you
> Andreas Degert
> ------------------------------
Bonjour !

You are asking for firmware revision and (RME) cards :
I use a HDSP9632 RME card with issues : my card is Rev. 1.53 and only the 1.51 version is working with Linux, AFAIK...
The card is detected, there is some activity in the middle of HDSPmixer, but I can hear no sound...
A lspci says :
02:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall DSP (rev 99)
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        Latency: 255
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 20
        Region 0: Memory at feaf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
I have no very skills with Linux yet, but I very hope getting this card working with Linux.
Can you help me please ? I very apologize if this mail is not relevant in this list.
But I very thank you in advance (I use Fedora 8 and the latest CCRMA kernel) !

Jean Batrel - jean.batrel at voila.fr