[alsa-devel] HDA: Enable chipset gcap usage

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Mon Jan 14 20:44:27 CET 2008

I tweaked this as promised, and ran it through the checkpatch.pl utility
from kernel git tree.  I have tested it on my Asus Z62F laptop as well
as a few systems in my work environment without issue.

supported by southbridge.

This patch quieries the southbridge for the number of streams supported
by the southbridge in most chipsets, and reads these values from the
chipset directly.  Most systems are hardwired for 4 streams in each
direction, but newer chipsets change that capability.  As a fallback,
the old hardcoded method is still available.

Signed off by Tobin Davis <tdavis at dsl-only.net>