[alsa-devel] HDMI v. ICH8 on Dell XPS M1330

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Feb 29 15:56:19 CET 2008

At Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:48:12 -0800,
Tellman, Steven wrote:

> Takashi,
>
> 	On the XPS M1330 (and XPS M1530) the SPDIF pin of the 9228 is
> hooked to the HDMI as these laptops were made before the HDMI portion
> had their own audio codec portion of the transceiver. So technically, it
> should be pretty simple ;)

Thanks, that's good to know.

Do you know any other issues that stop HDMI audio working?  IIRC, ATI
board has a h/w switch in the video side to enable/disable its
graphic-board HDMI, for example...

Also, does STAC9228 codec support verbs for controlling HDMI,
e.g. converter channel count (F2Dh, 72Dh) ?

Takashi