[alsa-devel] ALSA MIDI interface - plugin

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Feb 15 17:53:48 CET 2008

At Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:54:28 +0530,
Pharaoh . wrote:

> Now, I have to support rawmidi interface also. Is it possible to write a
> userspace
> plugin for making MIDI work? Where can I get sample code etc?

It's possible, but so far, no external plugin framework is implemented
for rawmidi.  The external plugins are available only for PCM and
control APIs.  I guess it'd be relatively easy to add the external
rawmidi plugins, though.

Another possibility is to write an ALSA sequencer client, and load
snd-virmidi driver.  Then you can connect to a rawmidi device as you
like.