[alsa-devel] ALSA MIDI interface - plugin

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:24:28 CET 2008

Hi

I am writing an user space ALSA i/o type PCM plugin for my board. I chose
this
rather unconventional approach for supporting ALSA apps since the the the
driver
which communicates with DSP using shared memory is in userspace and for some
constraints the driver communication driver will always be in userspace. My
audio
plugin uses calls of the coomunication driver and talks to DSP. I already
have
a working plugin in place. I use it like following,

#aplay -D my_plugin test.wav

and it works.

Now, I have to support rawmidi interface also. Is it possible to write a
userspace
plugin for making MIDI work? Where can I get sample code etc?

-pharaoh.