[alsa-devel] ALSA MIDI interface - plugin

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:24:28 CET 2008

I am writing an user space ALSA i/o type PCM plugin for my board. I chose
rather unconventional approach for supporting ALSA apps since the the the
which communicates with DSP using shared memory is in userspace and for some
constraints the driver communication driver will always be in userspace. My
plugin uses calls of the coomunication driver and talks to DSP. I already
a working plugin in place. I use it like following,

#aplay -D my_plugin test.wav

and it works.

Now, I have to support rawmidi interface also. Is it possible to write a
plugin for making MIDI work? Where can I get sample code etc?