[alsa-devel] es1968 suspend2ram problem

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Feb 12 11:38:18 CET 2008

At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:46:32 +0100,
Christian Rothländer wrote:

> Oki
>
> running 2.6.24 now, nothing changed, has anybody had success with
> es1968 and suspend2ram?

Ah, I overlooked that you are handling S2RAM.  OK, then it's slightly
different from hibernation.

Though, S2RAM has no difference in the sound driver code from
hibernation.  So, if S2RAM doesn't work but the hibernation works,
it's often rather a problem in the PM core part.  I'd check whether
the hibernation works or not, at first.

The hibernation with es1968 chip worked fine on my old laptop, AFAIK.

Takashi