[alsa-devel] problems with es1688 isa card on etch and lenny (ok with sarge)

Norayr Chilingaryan gnorayr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:05:57 CET 2008

Hello,
I have an old notebook with ISA sound card which is detected by alsaconf as
es18xx, or es1688 or sb16 and works.
The problem is appeared when I replaced Debian Sarge with Debian Etch, and
when I upgraded Etch to Lenny (i. e. with  alsa versions in that distros).
So, alsaconf detects and configures a sound driver, it works, but after
restart to have a sound I must run alsaconf again. I think something is
changed in the recent alsa distributions which probably deals with debian
configuration of isa cards.

Thank you

Norayr

---