[alsa-devel] support for jackSense feature in modern sound cards

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Sun Feb 10 20:59:49 CET 2008

Actually, most of the hda_intel sound codecs support jack sense to a
certain extent.  They are mainly used to mute/unmute speaker and
microphone channels when headphones or external microphones are plugged
in.  Some of the codecs support additional sensing to determine the type
of device plugged in, but that is very limited in the drivers, mainly
because of the diverse nature of the systems that these codecs are used
in.

Tobin

--
Tobin Davis