[alsa-devel] support for jackSense feature in modern sound cards

Balaji Rao balajirrao at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:33:37 CET 2008

Hello people,

How well is the jack sense feature in modern soundcards supported in the
kernel ? I opened up a few driver sources like hda-intel and found the
word 'jack sense' in some files, but i could not find it being used anywhere.

Are there standard interfaces in kmix or equivalent software that use the jack
sense feature ? If not, wouldn't it be nice to have a standard interface to
expose this feature so that kmix and others could make use of in a device
independent way ?

If yes, I would be more than willing to contribute to its development.

Please clarify.

--
regards,
balaji rao