[alsa-devel] HG vs GIT

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Feb 8 01:42:23 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 09:36:15PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:

> > 	make M=${PWD} -C /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build

> The external build itself is relatively easy.  We have already such
> stuff in alsa-driver tree.  Just needs a slight change to remap the
> directories properly in linux kernel tree instead of alsa-kernel
> tree.

> What I mentioned is to merge changesets properly from one tree to
> another old tree.  Maybe a kind of cherry picking would do that.

The thing I was thinking of above was taking a vanilla kernel tree and
building a subdirectory of that as though it were out of tree.  This
lets you use a vanilla git tree with the headers and config of a second
kernel tree (eg, a distro supplied one), meaning that from a revision
control point of view there's nothing fancy going on.