[alsa-devel] underruns and strange code in pcm_rate.c

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri Feb 1 16:18:46 CET 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> An ML archive has also a URL :)
> An advantage of ML is that it can involve developers more easily.

I'm not saying that the developers should use BTS instead of ML.  I'm saying
that if it really is a bug in ALSA, I'd like to have formal recognition of that.
  A entry in BTS would qualify.  I strewn-out discussion on a mailing list has
too low of a signal-to-noise ratio to be useful to the PHBs.

> OK, now the question is in which condition this happens...

I'll try to get an exact testcase, but I think it's pretty much always with
"mplayer -ao oss".

> Could you rewrite snd-dummy driver to behave like your driver?

Uh, are you kidding?  My driver is an ASoC driver.  How am I supposed to make a
dummy driver "behave" like my driver?  My driver isn't doing anything unusual.

> As mentionted, it's important to get the environment to reproduce the
> problem reliably independent on hardwares.

I understand that, but I don't see how I can do that.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale