[alsa-devel] underruns and strange code in pcm_rate.c

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri Feb 1 15:46:25 CET 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> The bug report on BTS isn't more effectively handled than on ML...

True, but at least I have a URL I can point to.  That's handy.

> I don't know whether you tested what Clemens suggested.

If you mean disabling CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS, then yes, doing so does "fix"
the problem.  That is, I don't get any more underruns, but then the application
is forced to do sample rate conversion.

> If it's
> really a rate converter issue, then it should be possible to reproduce
> with other systems.  First, we need to find out how to reproduce the
> bug with other drivers such as snd-dummy.

It happens on my 8610 driver.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale