[alsa-devel] problems with 2 outputs on snd-hda-intel

Alex Ander alibobar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:48:46 CET 2008

My configuration:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e33841b3aa560b031a3723ecf2e2c5040d2c1a16

Ever since I came back from the holidays I've been having this problem:

My laptop has 3 jacks: 2 line out and 1 line in that can be switched to out.

But, I can only get sound over the laptop-speakers and the line-in switched
to out.
The speaker stops playing when a jack is connected to one of the two outs,
but I don't get any sound over these outputs.

I have checked all mixer-settings in alsamixer, nothing works (except
switching the mic to lineout, which doesn't fix the other 2 outs)

As you can see in alsa-info I have forced a model-type to the module, I have
found this on
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt

I have tried all 4 modules listed at line 1015 (which should correspond to
the SigmaTel STAC9228) of which 3stack seems to be the one set by default
(with empty /etc/modprobe.conf) and is the only one that works with the
mic-as-output option.

I can give more info if you need it.